26 June 2012 Minutes
Tuesday 26 June 2012, The Wheatsheaf
Amanda Templeman, Carol Courage, Jackie Higman, Helen Flanagan
- Excellent night had by all and lovely to see so many new faces.
- Interest has been expressed for one to be arranged in October again this year.
Fancy Dress Disco (Previously known as Teddy Bears Disco)
- Si expressed concerned that the food was not very good quality. It was also agreed it would be easier to have all sandwiches on a large platter and distribute to plates once at the school.
- Good mix of party games and dancing.
Scarecrow Weekend – 14th July – Pimms and Strawberries & Cream Stall
- We need to arrange a rota to cover the staff at this years Scarecrow Weekend. Suggested hour slots with two people covering each.
- 11 – 12 Viv and Amanda
- 12 – 1 Jackie and
- 1 – 2
- 2 – 3
- 3 – 4 Helen and
- 4 – 5 Viv and
- Shopping Pimms / Lemonade / Strawberries / Cream / Bowls
Leavers Disco – 17th July 6.30 to 8.00 pm
- Steve confirmed for the disco
- Slight change from previous year, suggested we offer food for the children, decorate the room, set up a fruit juice bar and generally make more fuss of our leavers.
- Formal invite to be created to send home to the children. Helen agreed to create.
- Food – Hot Dogs provided by FoCS and a request to Y6 parents to supply the biscuits/cakes/nibbles
- A question was raised about why Y5 children are invited to Y6 leavers disco. AJT to discuss with JJ. Do the Y6 children mix with the Y5 children still or would they prefer to be on their own?
- Sweets for them to take home.
- Helpers – Si, Sam, Amanda, Helen, Carol, Jackie
End of Year BBQ – 20th July from 6pm
- Food – check with Rob Grundy the notice required to order food from Brakes. RW to contact?
- RW volunteered to purchase food from Asda.
- Rota needed to cover the bar / small kids stall – Viv, Amanda, Carol, Sam, Helen
- Helpers needed to cover the BBQ – Jackie, Nigel
- It was felt the BBQ is better on the playground as (weather permitting) dancing on the grass will not be quite a good. As we will be on the playground it was agreed not to proceed with the bouncy castle.
- For the smaller children suggested we bring out a few mats from school with small toys etc for them to play with.
- Sweets – Jackie is not able to get the sweets from the wholesalers suggested we purchase Haribo again and sell these.
- Raffle – we have a number of items left from the bottle stall. A plea to go in the newsletter for donations. Bottles to be put together to form larger gifts.
- Sausages need pre-cooking prior to evening – volunteer needed for this.
Calendar of Events for Year 2012/2013
- September – Treasure Hunt – details to go home first week of term. Entries to be brought to school on Bingo Evening to be entered for prize.
- September 22nd – Family Bingo Night
- October 20th – Safari Supper
- November 9th – KS2 Cinema Night
- November 16th – Ladies Indulgence Evening
- December 7th– Christmas Fayre
- December 12th – Christmas Disco
We agreed to plan events up to Christmas at this stage to allow new members of the committee to have input into the dates for the remainder of the year.
- Website – Important that we all log on and update our profile information. The website address has gone out on a couple of occasions now on fliers and the site needs to be maintained.
- Committee Members Sheet will be amended during the summer to go home with all children in September – members to confirm they are happy to continue their work on the committee for the coming school year.