April 2012 Minutes
- Amanda Templeman
- Catherine Morrish
- Carol Courage
- Simon Jobling
- Viv Tew
- Rachael Williams
- Jackie Highman
- Helen Flanagan
- Kirstie Jones
1. May Day – Saturday 26 May
- Commercial Stalls confirmed
- Cherry Red Gifts (£10)
- Equality Ethical Trading (Lynn Mold – Fair Trade Bags / Scarves and small Gifts) (£20)
- Designed By My Sister and Me (£20)
- Phoenix Cards – Sally (£10)
- Rachael Gregory – (£10)
- Long Buckby Fire Station (call outs permitting) (free / normally give them some beer as thank you)
- Handbags (£10)
- Face Painting (£20)
- Commercial Stalls to be confirmed
- Indian Food
- Pampered Chef
- FOCS Stalls
- Bar / Pimms (Viv / Kirstie / Jackie)
- Chocolate Tombola (Helen)
- Bottle Tombola (Amanda)
- Wine and Water
- Bran Tub (Rachael and Kids)
- Cake Stalls / Refreshments
- Splat the Rat (possible Yr 6)
- Buzz (possible Yr 6)
- Bouncy Castle (Catherine B)
- BBQ (Nigel E / Rob Grundy / Si / Brendan H) – it was agreed that the sausages need to be pre-cooked CM agreed to cook. Sausages and Burgers ordered from Joseph Morris VT to find contact details 150 of each) Rolls and sauce needed. Veggie Sausages come form Tesco.
- Tattoos (AJT to talk to Bev Staniforth)
- Name the Teddy (possible Yr 6)
- Guess the Weight of the Cake (CM to ask Ed to make a cake – confirmed)
- Helium Balloons (large bottle of helium gas for free, need to source foil balloons)
- School Stalls
- JJ has confirmed that the 4 House Groups will be running a stall / fundraising this year for their house e.g.: elephants / tigers …
- Little Rotters – to be confirmed
- Let’s Get Cooking – to be confirmed
- Village Groups – CM agreed to email to establish interest. Since confirmed as below
- Cubs – Chocolate Fountain
- Scouts – Candy Floss
- Brownies – want a stall but to confirm detail
- Beavers – creative stall
- Pre-School – are planning their open day on May Day. Concern discussed about how Pre-School’s Open Day could affect our profits with the offering of free booze and cake. Also concern raise about the number of families that would be at the open day and not enjoying our event. CM to discuss with them to see if they could start earlier in the day or arrange on a different day..
- Village Market – one stall holder confirmed interest in selling Jams and Wildlife Cards
- Mufti Days – confirmed for 18th and 25th May
- Stage – newsletter for parents to bring greenery to school on Friday / Saturday morning. Query flowers for stall with LC – AJT agreed to discuss.
- Advertising – AJT to discuss with Cheryl to see if she can advertise this year and arrange press for the day.
- Agreed bunting to decorate the school would be lovely.
2. Safari Supper – Saturday 16 June
- Pippa and David have confirmed they would like to keep the date as the 16th June and have been doing their bit to encourage people to attend.
3. Scarecrow Weekend
- Cocktails (Pimms) and Strawberries and Cream to be organised by FOCS on the Saturday afternoon on the School field.(Viv / Amanda and 2 other volunteers needed)
4. End of Year BBQ – Friday 20 July
- The date has been confirmed with the school as Friday 20th July
- Aday booked at £300 (same as last year)
- Agreed we should look into a few stalls / activities for the children / possibly a bouncy castle/slide (VT to talk to her contact about a Bouncy Slide
- Pre-School to join us at the BBQ
5. Leavers Disco
- A discussion took place about alternatives to the leavers disco. JH explained at her last school they used to hire limos, arrange food, decorate the hall, the event was just for year 6 and lasted approx 3 hours.
- Website – agreed it looks very good and we are all keen to start using. AJT to email Dan Bunker to introduce Si to him so the can liaise re arranging for a link to go on the school’s website.
- Si has now been set up as administrator for the Facebook page and will assist with the.
- Si still working on a new logo to be used on all communication from FOCS
Wednesday 23rd May 2012 (location to be agreed – possibly at a house for preparation prior to Saturday)
Friday 25th May 2012 from 3.30pm at School to prepare tombola items for Saturday.