June 2012 Minutes
Wednesday 13 June 2012
Amanda Templeman, Catherine Morrish, Carol Courage, Simon Jobling, Viv Tew, Rachael Williams, Jackie Higman, Jo Lorimer, Paul Templeman
- £1,008 profit made this year. Slightly down on last year. Tombola stalls didn’t do as well as they would normally. Both still had a number of items left over and the chocolate stall had to sell double the tickets towards the end. The stalls inside didn’t do as well as those outside, review with stall holders next year.
- Really good atmosphere this year and lots of families stayed for the whole afternoon.
Safari Supper – Saturday 16 June
- Pippa and David have confirmed all in place for Saturday and David has a 7 hour play list planned for the evening. They have cleared out the play room, kitchen and conservatory so we will only need one gazebo for the bar.
- Helpers for set up on Saturday (Si, Catherine, Viv and Amanda)
- Helpers for Sunday to clear away (Carol, Viv, Amanda and Jackie)
- Bar (Amanda, Viv)
- Glasses – Rachael ordering
- Tables – Si collecting from school on Saturday
Teddy Bears Picnic
- Agreed we would change the name of this event to Fancy Dress Disco. This will reduce the number of teddy bears being thrown around the hall this year!
- Si agreed to order the food for the evening (Sandwiches ham/jam/cheese, nuggets, sausages, crisps, drinks)
- Si and Rachael agreed to make sandwiches
- Jo agreed to make cakes for the children. Jo needs a couple of boxes of icing sugar.
- Prizes for games / party dances (sweets)
- Games (corners / balloons) Catherine and Viv organising the balloons for the balloon game.
- Helpers – Rachael, Sam, Catherine, Helen, Amanda, Charlotte
- 62 children in foundation and KS1
End of Year BBQ – Friday 20 July
- Aday confirmed.
- Flier has gone into school and will go home this weekend.
- Food to be ordered from Brakes
- Krispy Kreme to be ordered again.
- Kids stall – trash cans
- Sweets – Jackie purchasing and bagging them up (30p RRP per bag)
- Catherine looking into bouncy castle, small one for KS1 and possibly a bungee run for KS2.
- BBQ – Jackie or Laurie / Si / Jo / Rachael / Lee Needham
- Website – Important that we all log on and update our profile information. The website address has gone out on a couple of occasions now on fliers and the site needs to be maintained.
- Facebook – upcoming events needs to be added on.
- New Parents Evening – went well. I have received one form back from someone interested in joining the committee already and spoke to another couple who also are interested in actively being involved.
Wednesday 27th June 2012