March 2012 Minutes
Below are the minutes from our meeting on Wednesday 28th March 2012.
- Amanda Templeman
- Catherine Morrish
- Carol Courage
- Simon Jobling
- Viv Tew
- Rachael Williams
- Easter Colouring Competition
- A new competition this year and as always the children did us proud with an extremely imaginative and high standard of entry. A winner and two runners up were chosen for KS1 and KS2.
- After purchasing the prizes we made £30 profit.
- Commercial Stalls – AJT has contacted a number of companies and awaits replies.
- AJT to see if those coming from outside of the village will pay £20 for a stall.
- Contacts from the village can still have a stall for £10.
- Handbags – CM to contact
- Phoenix Cards – Sally confirmed
- Query Pink Chocolate – may be interested
- Face Painting – RW to confirm how much her contact will charge
- Chocolates – Jane?
- FOCS Stalls
- Bar / Pimms (other simply cocktails)
- Strawberries & Cream
- Chocolate Tombola
- Bottle Tombola
- Wine and Water
- Crockery Smash (use RW’s bookcase)
- Bran Tub
- Cake Stalls / Refreshments
- Splat the Rat
- Bouncy Castle
- Name the Teddy
- Guess the Weight of the Cake
- Helium Balloons – possibility of obtaining free gas, Paul Templeman to confirm.
- School Stalls?
- Yr 6 Stalls (only confirmed stalls will be provided with a float this year) CM agreed to organise with Mr Bushall
- Little Rotters
- Let’s Get Cooking
- Village Groups
- Pre-School – they are planning their open day on May Day. Query whether the pre-school children would like to bring the posy on for the May Queen.
CM to email Helen to see how we can work together to help their open day and what stalls they may like to run.
- Village Market – AJT to contact to see if they are interested
- Mufti Days – two needed to collect chocolates and bottles in May. AJT to contact JJ.
- We discussed the option of having a burger van or pig roast rather than arranging our own BBQ. CM agreed to contact Brendon/Nigel/Rob to see if they would be able to help organise before we booked a van as it was felt this is a good way to earn funds.
- At the next meeting we need to agree the number of volunteers needed and also start requesting help.
- Posters need to go up in the village beginning May.
- Host – Pippa and David Goddard
- VT to apply for licence and start emailing for interest
- It was agreed this date should be changed to Thursday 19 July on the last day of term. It was felt this creates a better atmosphere despite the fact that it was a Thursday this year.
- Aday – CM to book and see if there is any movement on his price.
- Scarecrow Weekend – agreed FOCS would run a Pimms / Strawberries and Cream tent on the Saturday afternoon.
- Possible events for the new year:
- Race Night instead of Bingo
- Sponsored Fun Run (on a school day)
- Games Night in September
Wednesday 25 April @ Wheatsheaf